hi

hi

Sunday, December 20, 2009

I love life and life loves me

Woke up at 10:30 and managed to roll out of bed just before 11. We were to leave at around 11:45 for the play, so I got showered and dressed and made up right quick.

Dad ate my breakfast toast while I was busy driving. I was amazed at how little food I consumed to sustain myself through the day. Mostly sweets.

Mom was tired of driving so I took the wheel all the way to Port Townsend. Since I am an active commuter by bike, following the rules of the road was still familiar to me. Handling the Prius, not so much. But I was a good driving. Mom and Pop didn't grip the sides in terror.

Dan Stengel was in Scrooged, a musical version of A Christmas Carol. He played a perfect Scrooge. It was quite fun. It was the matinee and there were some kids, but they mostly babbled and didn't cry. The Key City Players is a small theater, but they recently managed to add twenty seats. All shows were sold out, so it was fortunate that I got a chance to see it. Lovely production with some nice set design and some cool effects, like how the Ghost of Christmas Past showed up (she was disguised in his bedding through the whole scene). We chatted with Dan a little bit after the show. I gave him one of the Christmas prints.

I drove ma and pa up to hospital to visit Grandma Spencer. She was doing quite well when we visited. As chatty as ever, a Santa even stopped by and gave us candy canes. We departed when dinner was brought out. I drove back to the other side of town and we sat in at Shanghai. Beef & Broccoli for me, chow mein for dad, scallops for mom. We all shared. I shoveled a gargantuan amount of food down my gob.

After dinner, we went to Mats Mats and visited Grandpa Spencer. Just a little chat. Mom drove home. I fell asleep.

Now I am awake again and just sitting up in bed. Probably should get to sleep again soon. Probably. Might go see Avatar tomorrow.

1 comment:

Emily said...

oh my gosh dan stengel ROCKS! he is so cool!!!