hi

hi

Friday, December 25, 2009

sew cool

Oh boy oh boy, Christmas!

Mom and pop's rustling at 7am woke me up, and Nathan knocked on my door at around 9. I was the last to come downstairs. First up was the grand tradition of Christmas Legos. We always get a lego set and always open them first and assemble them while the rest of the family is waking up. Nathan received a Star Wars set, Rubie got a plane, and I got a camper! Even though mine was aged 8-12, it still took me a long while to put it together.

Toast! Bacon! Eggs! Yum!

I gave everyone the teeshirts I made on the final day of class. Lots of wrapping paper. Nate bought Rubie a Canon Rebel. Rubie bought Nathan a WiiFit and WiiResort. I received: Asterios Polyp, Generation T: 108 Ways to Transform and TShirt, Rape of Europa, Blood Meridian, After the Flood, candy, Egyptian Tomb Raider playmobil, bike seat, bike tube, things to remove bike tire, pressure gauge, candy necklace, chocolate, makeup purses, turtleneck, tons of tights, socks, and uhm. Other things. I'm too lazy to go downstairs and check my pile. But it is a nice pile.

Nathan got clothes and chocolate, Rubie got bath stuff, Dad got boat stuff, Mom got a game for her DS.

Showered. Got dressed. Piled food into car. Piled people into car. Drove to Mats Mats. I played mom's Scribblenaughts game. Very fun. Stopped when the challenges became too challenging.

Auntie Joyce and Uncle Dick were there along with Cousin Scotty. Drank soda out of ornament shaped Coke bottles. Chatted and caught up. Before I knew it, people were opening presents! We all got jammies. Scotty, Rubie, Nate, and I all had a mini nerf gun war. Lots of fun. Jam was exchanged. Cookies were exchanged. Snacks we consumed, and I got my first sewing machine! A Brother! It has got tons of stitches and cool things but looks really easy to use. Now I can modify my teeshirts with ease. I'll probably test it out tomorrow. Whee!! It is a nice machine. It doubles as my Birthday present, but that is okay. It is way way cool. Can't wait to start using it. Need thread. Yay!

Dinner was salad, then salmon, then cauliflower in hollandaise sauce, then rib, then steak, with sparkling cider all around. I gorged. Then had a major slice of cake. Then I had to lay down for a while. But once the initial digestion passed, I was feeling better again. Finished off my candy necklace. Played two rounds of Apples to Apples. I didn't do so well in either game. Joyce won the first. Team Nate & Rubie almost won second.

Then we packed up. Filled the car with goodies and hugged and said our goodbyes. What a lovely Christmas. Got so much protein. Mmmm.

All of us, minus Mom, had a hot tub soak when we returned. Felt really good. Then, as I was getting out, I slipped on the icy steps that rise into the tub, and hit everyone on the way down. The only injured was my bum, but boy does it hurt. I'll probably have a good and deep bruise for the next two weeks. Just sitting in bed now, trying not to move it.

Merry Christmas everybody! And a happy 2010.

No comments: