hi

hi

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

ducket

Sleeping in later and later. Had to make my own breakfast. Toast and hot apple cider. About 30 minutes after that, mom made me a tuna sandwich. We sat together and watched Pedersen home movies. It was fun.

Ma and I soaked in the hot tub for a long while. I asked about buoyancy and weight and displacement. Well I phrased it "if you have a bucket full of water, and you have a duck in it, does it weigh more?" Moms response was, "hahahaha art student trying to figure out physics!" The joke maintained through the day. I tried to ask dad about the weight of things suspended in water, but he couldn't give me an answer either.

I really want to know about this water weight thing. I think I'll have to do an experiment or something. Just gotta get a bucket.

And a duck.

We ordered pizza. Barbecue chicken from Seabeck Pizza. Mmm. Maddy, a girl I graduated with, was working there. She complimented my long hair and how cute it was. Mom rented Night at the Museum 2. It was a cute, light hearted romp with plenty of cameos. A nice way to spend a sort of wet evening. Now I am back in bed, staying up late.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I thought I answered the thing about the duck in the bucket well enough - If you'll now do an experiment it will show you that it is validated that the total weight does not change as long as the duck displaces water. I thought the Falkirk lift analogy was good too - look that up my young jedi. Looks like I'll have to get you a duck and a bucket of water, and a scale.