hi

hi

Monday, October 12, 2009

haberdashery!

It's 1am and I have to cover for three days of missed writing. Bleh.

Friday:
My suitcase ended up being a lot heavier than I expected. I also had to bring two Hammerpress posters with it (a Franz Ferdinand one that is to go to Caleb and one of Karen's Alphabet posters for Llyw). I shouldn't have brought so much art supplies. I knew I probably wouldn't use them. Sort of like a safety blanket. Those things add up.

My train seat mate was an adorable little lady named Tessla. She had a mighty snore but was otherwise sweet. Behind me was a Scottish student by the name of Rob. He was studying zoology at whatever college is located in Corvalis. He, myself, his seat mate, this sweet old couple across from him, and a knitter behind them, we all had a conversation. We came in at random times but it was a lot of fun. Talked about things to see in Seattle (Pike's Place and the Fremont Troll) and the correct pronunciations of places like Puyallup and Sequim.

Portland was gray when I left, but Seattle was beautiful. Caught the 71 effortlessly and got off at University and 43rd. Llyw left his place unlocked and I relaxed with Alive in Necropolis (I had finished my required reading on the train). We went to Shultzy's for dinner. I had a stout that I can't recall the name of (it was German) and a bacon Cheddar burger with fries. Talked about Ireland and digital graphics in televised sports.

Saturday:
Llyw is recovering from a cold, so we took it easy. I didn't think I would become sick again from his company though. Orange rolls for breakfast followed by a walk around the neighborhood. This box of stuff had been dumped in this park and I rifled through it a little bit. I found a beat up copy of Botany of Desire, so that was awesome. Played some Beatles Rock Band. I'm getting almost passable at the easy level on the guitar. Switched over to regular Rock Band. Watched some Glee and Peep Show. Hulu is the best. Dinner was Pho, but that came after a visit to the little opening celebration of the new Goorin Brother's hat shop. Llyw picked out an attractive herringbone cadet cap. Now if he only buys 7 more Goorin Brother's caps, he will get one for free.

Pho was delicious. Num num nums. We back and watched Cube, because the American Astronaut disk was scratched. I really wanted to watch that as well. Still, Cube was cool. Amazing what you can do with a single good set, a good script, and some creative film work. Very solid.

Sunday:
Breakfast was lunch and we had burgers from A Burger Place. I bagged up the leftovers to consume later on my train ride back to Portland. The 73 was late and we got to the International District at around 2:05. Train leaves at 2:20. It was a quick hop and step down the blocks and stairs but I got my seat assignment just fine. The guy who sat next to me was reading about Durer but he didn't seem all that interested in discussing it. So I just read my book.

I took the Green Line for the first time. It goes North to South through the West side, so no more walking through Old Town for me. I caught the Red Line to Goose Hollow from Pioneer Place. It was one of the new trains too, but it had really hideous colors inside. Like Dairy Queen. Putrid whites, poor lighting, way too much yellow. It didn't look that great.

Katie and Luke were hanging out. I took a little breather and unpacked and then it was straight to homework. Almost. Got a good rough draft and I'm working on my sketches. Not where I would like to be, homework wise, but I enjoyed taking some time away from school. That's all I've done for five years now. College college college college college. And I have two years left. College college.

No comments: