hi

hi

Thursday, October 15, 2009

good job Thursday crew

Left early to grab my pieces out of the locker and print out a photo. The printer didn't work (the Phaser is always breaking down or out of ink). We didn't look at the photos though, ran out of time.

Martin had to get to Seattle so the rest of class after the critique was cancelled. Just pure critique and new assignment.

The critiques went well all over. Mine went great. I put both the monotype and painting up and having both was met with high favor. It was suggested to scan them and play with balance between them (I made my "if you cross your eyes, it is the best piece ever" joke and got some laughs). The color pallet was complimented. The figures and the message was clear. No lack of voice. It was awesome. I was first up and could not have felt better. And the good critiques rolled on. Madeline's portrait was emotional and colorful and had wonderful touches. Kristen's horse and Beth's alpaca were colorful and meaningful. Danny had to leave so he didn't get a proper critique but his was lovely. Cassi B's had some nice pattern. Chase had a dynamic Mayan brawl scene. Everyone seemed to find a good sense of resoulution. Class ended on a wonderful note. The new assignment is Manifesto. Illustrate a manifesto (could also be a declaration from a song or poem or story). Tricky. Don't know where I'll start.

Played around on the net with Madeline. Talked to the library crew. Went to Safeway and treated myself to some ice cream for a job well done.

I then spent the rest of the day eating and watching TV. I made myself a penne and sauce lunch that ended up being twice as much food as I was expecting. Finished it off for dinner. So much food. So much television. End to another week. Goes fast, ya.

No comments: