hi

hi

Thursday, October 15, 2009

drizzle

History of Laughter. We finished discussing and picking apart the Miller's Tale in ye olde english. Quite funny I must say, once you know what is going on in it. Talked with Bekka, Diana, and Rachel R about the water brush. Then we watched some Richard Pryor.

History of Printmaking. We talked about calling things printmaking. I was the first to bring up wanting to assign "printmaking" to work as a special term and that assigning it to something easy like a computer print out makes the term loose its special meaning. Looked at some more etchings. Started to drift off even though I had a full thermos of black tea in me (oh by the way, turns out I just left my thermos in the illustration room).

Diana and I went to Cha! Cha! Cha! for lunch again. I bought a burrito and ate a third of it. We went to Utrecht. I bought a sheet of paper for my illustration final. Diana bought a water brush.

Shared some of the chocolate Llyw got for me in Ireland. Well just shared a nibble with Robin and Daniel W. Rest of class was spent looking at prints in textbooks and talking about printing techniques and the development of them and which museums to go to.

After class I went to the print lab and light boxed my monotype onto my sheet of watercolor paper. Then from then till 6:15 I painted in the library. Ate another third of my burrito.

It was Fawn's birthday so she wasn't there to teach yoga, but a friend of hers was. A lot of stretching. My hamstrings were super tight and my right knee was as weak as it has ever been. I couldn't get up into lunges on my right side. It really sucked to be so bad at something I have done religiously for two years. But it gave me the energy to finish my piece.

Jon W got to the library at around 9ish and we chatted while I worked on my final touches. Left school at around 9:45. Should have spent more time painting but oh well. It is what it is. I wish I could combine the two images though. Each one has what the other is missing. Texture in one, character in the other.

Katie cooked a chicken and I ate a little bit of it. Made myself some tea then I TVed out. So You Think You Can Dance was AMAZING. So intense. They really want great and versatile dancers this season. Top 20 next week, can't wait. Glee reached a nice little turning point. I really want to stay up and watch some more but I should get some rest. BUT, but I only have the pre-lunch chunk of class to attend tomorrow so I don't have to be that alert. I'll watch a little bit of something.

Oh, on the way back from school yesterday I ran into Lindsay (first roommate, remember). I was going past PGE Park when I heard "Trillian Spencer!" and there she was. We talked a little till her bus arrived.

No comments: