hi

hi

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

documentation smackdown

Ya like all the art I'm actually getting around to posting?

Fall has officially set in. Had to change my sweater layer that goes with my leather jacket. Went from light hoodie to thick Puma asymmetrical zip. Pretty good weight but now I need to dig out my gloves. The rain hasn't come yet, but any day now.

The first assignment in monotype was to mix up a brown and use it to create and image featuring a boat, a ladder, and a figure. Finished my little figure just in time for lunch. It was an okay image, nothing to write home about (even though that is exactly what I am doing now).

Lunch was a bagel with shmear in the library. Checked out a Philippe Halsman book. Bothered Madeline while she tried to read. Then I went and sat with Marshall and Kristen.

I decided to attempt the Trobriand piece in monotype anyway. I cleaned a huge plate, I bought a sharpie, and did the drawing on the back side to use as reference. It took me a long while to draw it. It was a lot more difficult to render the piece than I expected. I threw in some nice browns and all that, but in the end it printed a lot lighter than I expected. That is more of a pressure issue. It was hard to tell what it would look like. It got some favorable responses but in the end I am going to paint it. I'll get a new piece of paper, turn on the light box, trace the idea of it, and paint away. I'll probably just stick around at school tomorrow while I do it, just so I won't crinkle it with transportation. School week is at the halfway point already!

After class I documented all my monotypes. All of them. Some 20 pictures. Most are in the huge, unadjusted state right now. And are trapped on the school computer. So expect to see more of my printmaking in the coming weeks.

Returned home. Worked on the sketches for Bekka and mine's show. Got my four designs. Hurray!

Adam came over again. He's pretty much crashing here during his couple days in Portland. He brought chicken. Whoo. Now to go to bed, have to get up in 8 hours.

No comments: