hi

hi

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

workin' 11 to 8


Oof, I'm pooped. Eating a dessert of carrots and then I think I'll be off to bed.

Had a weird restless night sleep. Woke up early and it took me forever to settle down and accept that I had no further obligations.

Arrived pretty much on time. Daniella flew in from New York and brought us some Rugala from Zabar's. Delicious! We reviewed our sketches. Some had longer discussion that others. Nothing much to go into detail right now. Breaked perfectly for lunch.

Lost my appetite somehow during lunch and had to force myself to get through my sandwich through the day. Photocopied and wrote and printed out.

Rest of class was a work day. Teamed up with Rachel and Kristen and we discussed our stories. There was a verbal skirmish in the other room that I only heard half of (the loud half). We assisted Rachel in how to spice up her Rapunzel reimagining. Space 80's, flapper, hillbilly, etc. She did manage to settle on a few cool character designs. Not space 80's though.

At around 4:30, Daniella gave us a slideshow about allegory and showed us the first in Matthew Barney's Cremaster cycle. The one with the blimps. It was neat. I worked on painting my pieces. Hung around Youtubing it and wasting time till yoga.

My hamstrings are getting awesomely loose now. I can get my palms on the floor almost always by the end of class, and my downward facing dogs are boss. A good class. The healthier I am, the better it goes. Whoo! Miss Mona was in class, as was Esteban and Serenity and a girl I don't know. Small but good.

House was good. Lie to Me had Marc Blucas from Buffy. Who next, Juliet Landau? Actually that would be really cool. Adam hung out for a bit. Showed us some of his new awesome glasswork and had gifts. Had a volcano marble for Katie and a trilobite for me! It is so freaking cool.

No comments: