hi

hi

Friday, September 18, 2009

"if you liked it, you should have put a magnet on it"

Got up early and arrived early to buy paper and print my photos.

We talked about our flat photos for a bit and then got to drawing. Our assignment was to redraw an aspect or shape from our walk from last week. We had to draw it on big charcoal paper and be dynamic and think about composition. I chose a lamp that was outside the 511 building. Very simple. First, Danny, Madeline, and I had to walk to Utrecht and buy paper. I picked up a blue and a pale orange, as well as some sketchbooks.

I used the blue. Mine was really simple but getting the shape just right took some work.

I took a short lunch. Ate my bagel and played on the computer a bit. Got back to work around 1:10.

The phase two section of the project was just one on one. Talked to Martin. He complimented the daberlack piece and said that I needed more of the figures resolved for the spitroast. It all comes down to rendering the gestures of the figures. It was a good talk. Martin is very honest. Told Samala (formally Somala) right up that her photos were not proper. The piece she came back with was really nice. She's gifted.

After I finished, I sat and talked movies and math with Beth, Danny, and Chase. The final critique of the day's project went well. Mostly harmless.

Rode home. Got enough Internet to watch my stories, then it shut down for 45 minutes. Took it easy. Ate some pasta. Now I have a lot of art to create and a memoir to edit. It's just a constant cycle. Narrative Image and Illustration take up the most out of class time. History of Laughter and History of Printmaking both have a writing assignment due in a week and a half, but they are not big. Just require some thought (and who was it that said, "if I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter"?). I think I'll do a rough of the Daberlack for the next monotype project. Do a large illustration of it. Yeah. I need to think up imagery for that class.

Oh, this girl named Raquel found me to tell me how much my Luna print brought her joy. It's hanging up in the print section at school right now. Go me!

No comments: