hi

hi

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I don't speak Italian!!

Got up pretty fine, even though I was up till 3am finishing things up. After going through my outline, all the things I wanted to write about barely took up six pages. Oops, oh well it is just a rough draft. I had some problems printing because of the two computers that I picked to print from, both of them were not hooked up to the printers. I did find one. Bryan, Robin(different Robin, not Milliken), and I grouped together and discussed some sections from our memoirs.

Mary Slo-something gave us a lesson in punctuation and grammar and copy editing. I'm glad I don't really seriously edit my blog. If I did, I would be up all night pondering about commas.

Kristen and I went to Quizno's for lunch and sat in the library and gabbed. Robin stopped by. We broke away early because I had to scan and Kristen had to call Kris. Rest of class was a review of our thumbnails. Some people worked harder than others on theirs (Danny is awesome). The class moved pretty good for a studio. Next week the final is due with the illustrations. Yay for long weekend. I spent the rest of the time reading the Lyn Ward assignment, which was pretty easy to do because it was just a serious of woodcuts with no words. Course a picture is worth a thousand words but whatever, still didn't take that long.

I've been working at a nice pace getting through the Jokes and the Unconscious reading. Every now and again it gives a joke in it's native French, German, or Italian, and doesn't explain what the joke is about for another two pages. It really kills the fun of jokes with its analysis. And it is going in one ear and out the other. One of the jokes was something along the line of, "well you may have a famous person's name but you are not as awesome as they are." Ha ha ha.

Had a delicious pasta dinner. The three cheese Trader Joe's sauce is fantastic. Mmm. Welp, gotta get to bed. Catch up on the sleep. Monotype tomorrow.

No comments: