hi

hi

Saturday, July 25, 2009

paper planes and a single perceiver

Rushed downstairs right at 10 to get Karen's box. A sign was up saying they were closed for training and that they were sorry for the inconvenience. Before I swore to the heavens I heard someone behind the closed door and knocked and booyah I got my package. Smaller than I thought.

Raced off to the symposium. The set up took a while. The box contained a lot of large loose letters and extras. Taped them to five lines of string so that it spells out
THE
PERCE
IVERS

in front of the table. Real slick. Karen made little Milagro displays with pins. I never quite got down the pitch for them. She also didn't include a price. Nor have her phone turned out. I sold two for three dollars. One to a lady who knew what they were and one to Nathalie who also knew. Some of the pin shapes are a little ambiguous and hard to identify. Still, the half table filled out.

A guy (Dominic) from Laughing Horse Bookstore took the table next to me. He was pretty cool, into revolutionaries and all that. Cassie and Bethany took my other table half. Pretty cool blond Pacific Northwest chicks. They liked all my little drawings. And were fun to talk to.

Made about 18$. Traded mostly. The symposium is such a hard sell, then again I'm not buying anything.

10 to 5. Spent most of it at my table. Left to grab a free bagel.

I brought a lot of paper to sketch on. I ended up drawing doodles and folding them into paper planes and chucking them at the tables across from me. They then drew on them and tossed them back at me. BT and I had an epic paper plane. I took out half of one tables display but they had good humor about it. Dominic (Laughing Horse, not Snacks) and I made an epic plane. Well one of his friends the the folding. It was out of the paper from one of his poster remnants. It was very aerodynamic. It got one table minder in the chest. He wasn't too happy so we ended up tossing the big one back and forth between us and the F-Bomb table. I had so much fun drawing and chucking the planes. I sort of neglected my pitching duties. Will certainly scan them.

The day moved by really fast.

Lacey came by in the last hour and joined the little Perceivers table. She will be back tomorrow. She sold a comic to Nathalie. I sold a little poster to her as well. Whoo whoo!!

For dinner I had sushi at Diana and Robin's. Diana is a master roller. Afterwards we walked to a gelato place on 23rd and Kearney. A long walk. In flip flops. We had a good long talk about Doctor Who.

Now I'm just going to put my sore feet up. 10-4. Last 6 hours. Hopefully I'll sell a little better.

No comments: