hi

hi

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

not the thigh master

My thighs feel like they have shin splints. Pain killers do next to nothing. They hurt so very very bad. All day they hurt.

In the morning they hurt when I made my oatmeal. They hurt on the ride to school. Thankfully it is mostly all downhill so I didn't have to work them so hard. Hurt while shuffling around school because the room was relocated. Met Robin's dad.

We three, Daniela, Robin, and I, we critiqued our two works. Generally favorable but they still needed work. Hobbled around with my hurt legs. Went downstairs to work on the project. We were given source material like print outs and flash cards and we had to use elements from each and combine them into a piece. Robin did a little scene of an old man with people on his shoulder. I did a large man thinking with trees growing out of his head and powerlines in the background. I did it with tempera paint and used big gloppy strokes. My thighs didn't hurt when I was seated but damn they ached when I got up. Ooof.

Ran into Travis. We chatted a little bit. For lunch Robin and I went to Laughing Planet. I was delighted that the Mr Green Jeans burrito special was back. Edamame, sweet corn, black beans, tasty cheese. Very good. Love that thing. And it was on the express ready made tray so no waiting. I wish it was a part of the permanent menu. Anyway, we sat in the park and talked about money and stuff.

Spent another two and a half hours painting. Still hurt but like I said, mostly only when I stand and try to walk. Robin and I tried to take the street car back but we just minute. We opted to walk back. It hurt but the slow pace was good. My normal bike route might have done me in.

I'm keeping to my chair mostly. Trying to relax. Gabe made Laarb for dinner. MMmm.

Still hurts. I am going to redo the second illustration. They are due Saturday but as the symposium is this weekend, I will get both of them finished in the next couple days.

No comments: