hi

hi

Saturday, June 20, 2009

kitty got a tick this morning, but I didn't have to remove it

Last full day in Washington. I return to Portland. Hopefully it will once again be sunny and hot and all that. The last week and a half has been a rather drag. Mostly in pants and my hoodie.

Woke up early, and stayed up. Normally when I wake up at 9, I just wait till I fall back asleep for a couple hours.

These past few weeks I've been thinking about this one time travel story. About a house that is a designated safe spot for time travellers. A place where they can go back in time because they know it will be there. It is filled with people specially recruited to deal with time travellers and all that. A buoy in the current of time. Just thinking about it. Idea for a comic.

Mom and Celia went to Seattle for a little deal. Left dad and I to party in Seabeck. I watched some Buffy. Ate some toast and had some spiced cider. I so love this show. It is serious and silly in the right doses.

In the afternoon, pop and I went into town to see about using a coupon for a father's day joystick buying. Best Buy only had one but it was sold out. We wandered around the store looking at DVDs and seeing if there might be a converter for the old joystick. No luck. No DVDs were interesting enough. Well, that is not true. I am getting some ideas for Christmas (ahemSpacedCompleteSeriesahem). Afterwards we looped in Saturday traffic and made a stop at Joannes for a little something. There was a demonstration of a sort of Glocco/screen printing device. A poormans, no-need-for-serious-equipment silkscreen thing. Not so fancy, rather bulky.

We stopped at Seabeck for some ice cream and looked out across the water.

All while in town dad asked if I needed anything. To go for shopping for clothes or whatever. I said I want for nothing but I might find something if he kept asking.

Ma came home. We had potatoes and sparga and chicken. I didn't eat much. I'm still cautious about chicken after being so heinously ill over spring break.

sparga=asparagus
lamaclaga was lamaklaga and now I think it is supposed to be spelled yamaklage or llamaklage.

Then came a round of Carcassonne! It is so much fun to play without Nathan's random rules about stuff that somehow give him 54 points and us 3. I won with 94 or so, dad was 83, mom was around 60-something. A fun little game.

Afterwards, we all settled into bed and watched the Buffy episode "Phases" together. It is the one where Seth Green turns out to be a werewolf. Mom prefers werewolves to vampires. My subconscious prefers zombies. A cute little episode. Basil was so cuddly throughout. She was on her back and kneading her paws as I rubbed her sizable stomach. She eventually left but came back right when the episode finished. I miss her but there is no way she could leave Seabeck. I can, but she can't

No comments: