hi

hi

Monday, June 22, 2009

escape from the rain

On the train again. Writing now so I don’t have to do it late at night again.

Stayed up late with Buffy. Got up and started my day with Buffy. An episode before I showered and another one after it. It is very exciting and riveting. Now Spike has been revealed to be able to walk. Now he is going to open a can of whoopass on Angel. It is a little bit of a buzzkill knowing that Angel survives to have his miniseries and Spike somehow joins the side of neutral. But now it will be fun to see how.

Dad made me scrambled egg with cheese and toast. Delicious. Had a cup of tea to go along with it. Packed everything away. Clothes, books, knitting. It all fit neat and tidy. And all my clothes are clean so I won’t have to deal with that for a while. Right now I don’t think I left anything behind. Got my toothbrush, my face goop, my art supplies.

As we left the clouds unleashed their bladders upon us with a wrath like they had just been holding it through the entirety of Return of the King. An inch at least. The streets were nearing almost the possibility of flooding. The clouds cracked with lightning and it came down more and more. We outran the clouds as we got to Tacoma. We pulled in next to the Lobster Shack and set up a picnic. Mom, Pop, Nate, Rubie, and myself. Fruits and cupcakes and Martinelli’s and spargle (not sparga as I think I previously wrote). We nibbled for an hour then we left all too early for the train station.

I got some guff from the guy behind the counter. This was the first time my AAA card had ever been asked for and it was found out to be expired. I am not supposed to get the discount with an expired card but he didn’t ask for the full amount and he still took my bag. He was grumpy. I had never been asked for the card before. Now I know to only check bags when it is a rush.

We sat in the warmth of the Prius, all five of us, while waiting for the train to roll in. The rain came first. Mom filled my purse with snacks. At 2:50 we went into the station. The tardy Northbound was just a couple minutes before the Southbound so we had to wait for that one to pass. Hugs were exchanged. I grabbed a window seat near to a power outlet. It is one of those foursey ones. I was too lazy to elbow my way past someone. It is a full train but I don’t have a neighbor…yet.

There is a little girl with her mother in the seats across from me. The little girls name is Katherine. We spent a few minutes exchanging looks. She gave me a very quizzical one. The sort of, “Why are you puffing your cheeks at me?” look.

*****

Home now with Katie and Gabe and Adam. Got home before the other people so I chilled. Unpacked. Katie came home and we hugged and jumped up and down. I had some rice and we caught up on gossip and things. Gabe came home and started a chicken. He had some goodies from this estate sale for us. Lovely wonderful perfect rose colored sunglasses for Trillian! And a bracelet. My big bowl from daddy has a friend. A friend it doesn't like. This African carved animal looking bowl. Carved more from one chunk with a couple legs attached. Mine is lightweight.

Adam came over. We talked glass and summer all that. Found out Phil and Andy got a house together. Uh oh. We popped open wine and we all relaxed. Got giddy and silly and chatty, exchanging "I told a humiliating story, you tell one now" tales. We stayed up very late and now I'm finishing up an episode of Buffy. It is buffering all right on this internet I just have to wait for it.

No comments: