hi

hi

Thursday, June 25, 2009

a bust

Rose up at the correct time. Got out of the door early. The red was there but I needed to take the Blue but no worry as I was on time for the Blue. Read Another Roadside Attraction while going out to 102nd.

And there it began. I heard that we were to meet at 102nd and Halsey, the Max stop that is. Rustin said it was one stop after 82nd. He may have mentioned something about Gateway but I remember hearing the 102nd stop pretty specifically. So what do you decide? Do you get off at the stop that is one after 82nd or get off at the stop you think was mentioned?

I got off on the one that was mentioned because it seemed so specific. Stops can easily be forgotten. Lloyd may be the fourth or fifth stop after you cross over the river but I couldn't say for sure.

I was there early so I waited. Then it became 15 after. I called at 20 after and left a message. I called again at 30 after and didn't leave a message. After I boarded the Blue headed west again and passed by Gateway, I called to say I was headed home. This was at about 12:50. We were to meet at noon. I did get some serious reading done.

I got off at the last stop in fareless square on the other side and went to Yamhill Liquor to get Katie a quick present for her birthday. I don't know what she would like to read so I didn't want to browse Powell's. Candy is so low class. Figured I would get her something a little nicer than PBR. I'll make her a card as well. The clerk was really nice and pointed me to a bottle of Bulleit bourbon that was marked down almost suspiciously low. It had a nice enough packaging design so I got it. And the fact that I am blogging about it only indicates that I couldn't resist and gave it to her to open it already. Katie loved it. Gave me big hugs. It is now resting in a "for special occasions" spot. We toasted to ourselves.

Jason took me out to the Leaky Pub or Leaky Roof. Yeah, Leaky Roof. It is a little Irish "gastro pub" a few blocks from Goose Hollow. It was happy hour so I got a $3 burger and a Cosmopolitan. He had this salad with sliced apple and pear and chocolate. It looked delicious and my burger was quite good. Jason got a new job downtown. He has switched from traffic something to font configuration something. After the meal we wandered around the houses in the area. Walked up some very tall steps. It was nice. Refreshing. Today wasn't all that warm though.

And I heard back about today's internship snafu. He was at the Gateway Transit Center. Waited about as long as I did. The number of his I seem to have is not the good number but he also has my number(which is my only one) so that is not both ways excuse. Darn shame about that. Looking forward to a bit of adventure. Not a good way to start things out. I guess I should be forward and tell everyone I meet that I need good, specific instructions or I will get misplaced.

No comments: