hi

hi

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

the hummus was quite good

Absolutely beautiful today. Warm, sunny. Perfect for sitting back and watching Buffy and taking a little grocery walk with Katie. A wonderful day. Those little tiny clouds were in the sky and it was blue as can be.

Yesterday there was a black plume of smoke that looked to be coming from North East Portland. It was only a plume that faded, probably an explosion and not a fire. It was dark. Haven't heard anything about it. A person with a bow and arrows also tried to jump off the bridge on Sunday. They were talked down.

Learned a new word: gloaming.

Picked up munchings from Safeway after a little long nap. Walked with Katie because it was a nice day and it was time for a walk. The self packing was a hassle because I had to press "skip bagging" after every item. There needs to be a "I brought my own bag" options programmed in to those things.

I'm nearing the end of what Hulu has to offer in terms of Buffy. The episodes are lagging a little without the overall arc. I want more Spike.

Hmm, what am I forgetting to mention? Oh yeah, my interview with Rustin!

But first, I had to run some errands at school. As I was locking up my bike, Matt went Boo! and scared me. You shouldn't do that to tense people! Okay he didn't know I was stressing so I can't fault him. This time at least. My woodblock stuff that I had forgotten about was still there. Not cleaned out! Hurrah! Checked out some DVDs. Went to the computer lab and printed some stuff for my portfolio. It isn't the best looking thing but it is at least a portfolio. I left at about 11:20 from the school for the noon meeting at Black and Red Cafe (or was it Red and Black?). Good thing because the pedestrian path on the Morrison Bridge was closed and nonmotorized vehicles are forbidden. Had to ride further down and cross the Hawthorne Bridge. I was still about 10 minutes early but was far more sweaty and winded than I would have liked.

The Cafe was a vegan place. It didn't even need a sign and I could have guessed it was vegan by the clientele. I really stood out and I don't quite get why. I wasn't in leather. I just was in clean jeans and a stripey teeshirt from Gap. I get how being vegan sometimes extends to what they wear but the styles of dress between the workers and wifi users who left their dog outside for well over an hour with no water bowl, and myself were very different. Anyway, I ordered a hummus and chip plate with an italian soda and waited for Rustin.

He was on time, always a good sign. For an hour we chatted about art and the like. He talked mostly. About projects and public art and printing and experimentation and all that. Asked the "what I want to get out of this" question. I shared my chip plate and he bought one for himself and shared that. I was confused by some of his wording. Well, a lot of it. I suspect it is something I will have to get used it. Right now it looks like it is a very informal internship. Once it gets more established, I'll talk to Andy at school and see how I could get credit for it. Rustin and I are meeting at Noon on Thursday and I am going to help with some public art project. Sounds cool. For sure I will get to see more of Portland. It is a big big world out there. Oh and he likes Firefly and has read Hitchhiker's Guide and said he was afraid to ask if it was my real name. Heh. So there is that! That is working for me.

Katie and I are going to a little show on Sunday. Robin has a music thing on Friday. My schedule is filling up (for the week).

It was hot riding back but oh well. A nap was my reward. And Gabe made me a perfect dinner! Mini penne pasta with a chicken tomato sauce that had just a nice little amount of spice that enabled me to pace myself and enjoy it all with a cool glass of milk. It was really lovely. Getting back into the swing of the Portland diet.

No comments: