hi

hi

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

kept women

So yeah, back to square one with housing. The lease is up at the end of July. Now I have to think about that. Damn.

Contacted Rustin to inform him that I am back in Portland. Tomorrow we will be having a little coffee or whatever and talking about the internship. Sadly it is on the other side of the river (the location). Gotta get up and get to school and sort and print some things out first. I think if I leave by 10 I should be fine. The stuff at school shouldn't take more than an hour so that is leaving another for getting over to 13th and Stark. Exciting! I hope I can get started right away. He seemed like a nice fella.

Watched Buffy. It loads pretty well (during the summer at least). Not enjoying the third as much as the second. Second season was pretty much awesome throughout.

Did I mention my grades? A in illustration. A in digital illustration. A in math. A+ in graphic novel. A- in screenprinting. Cumulative GPA: 3.87. I'm on the Dean's List.

Katie and Gabe were making a little outing to The Dig and Mike's Drive In. I was invited along. Gabe treated us to the lunch. Deluxe burgers all around! Fried egg, bacon, patty, sauce, and milkshakes! Delicious. I knocked down a huge portion of it but I still had to get a bag. We were parading around in our sweet shades.

The Dig is a place that has $1-$6 everything. Sure, it does not beat some of the sweet thrifting Karen talks about but it has a better potential for finds because it doesn't seem to have been mined over by Hawthorne Hipsters. Found a pair of navy high waisted shorts and a brown corduroy snap button shirt that fits really well. Pretty good. Shorts for when I regain my biking legs.

Jen didn't want to see Hangover a third time, so I went with Katie and Gabe. We got some snacks on the way and walked down to Pioneer Place. There were perfect seats. Not too far, not too close.

The Hangover had really beautiful cinematography. It was really well crafted and varied. It had a real style that set it apart from being a standard comedy. I had a lot of fun. The laughs have a good pace. It isn't trying to be one after another. The actors are great. I had a lot of fun. It isn't for everyone but it does its kind of comedy right.

We Maxed it back. I watched Buffy. Drank tea. Trying to relax. Take it easy in the morning. Get all cleaned up and ready to be presentable for the meeting.

No comments: