hi

hi

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

the other green day

Katie, Gabe and I went out for some Saint Patty's Day drinks. Gabe was buying. Whiskey sours. I was in no state to write when I got back but seeing as how there is all this lovely art to look at, I'd say it isn't so bad. There were some English guys at Scooter's and at first we thought they were using fake accents to pick up the ladies. Later when talking to one of them (Matt) he showed us his English driver's license. Oops our bad. We talked about Red Dwarf and other things. The place has crazy loud music so that wasn't so much fun. Katie is awesome. She locked elbows with me all the way home (which wasn't that long of a walk, only about 8 blocks). She is awesome.

We did paper folding in math. Just simple little exercises to try and better learn the concepts. Maybe to reconstruct the principals we are learning in a different kind of visual format. I got a handle of it pretty quick so I spent about 45 minutes telling Derek Franklin my jokes and playing hangman.

Made photocopies and chilled in the library.

Student council was uneventful. We are going to stage a protest to try and get some money from someone was payed money to a year and a half ago.

Worked on the thumbnails between the second part of my break. Just whipped them out. I have a whole list of ideas. I'm going to rework a few of them for my Illustration class.

The class itself didn't have that much to it. We went over our thumbnails. I got an explanation about creating brushes. We worked on our backdrops for another hour and then it was a "stay and work or leave" option. I stayed and worked. The security desk made a big fuss about me returning the tablet to them so I took it home. Well I also didn't want to just leave it in the lab, just in case of the possibility of something happening.

At home I inked about half of my sketched panels. And when I went over my script, it turns out I have like half of the story sketched! Well half of the outline. There is more action coming up but the dialogue is relatively simple. Huzzah! That was a good feeling. I'm on track. I returned Two Towers and borrowed Snatch. During the viewing of which Gabe made me a big sandwich with chicken and lots of other stuff. It was good.

And then we went out. It was not raining in the evening as the clouds had expelled it all earlier.

No comments: