hi

hi

Friday, March 20, 2009

the lovely visitor and what we did

Inked in another page and a half worth of panels. Almost got it. If I get the rest of the script done by Wednesday, I should be golden. I can get the rest drawn in no time at all. All this stress better be worth it!

Dear Auntie Dorothy is in town for a conference tonight so we met up for dinner and a lengthy Portland stroll. She said she would be out of meetings at around 5 or 6 so I caught the max to Lloyd at 5:20. At around 6:30 I got a call saying she was at her hotel, about 12 blocks away from Lloyd so I got to walking. I'm so rarely in North East. Saw a bread making plant and walked by one of the TBA venues. We met up on Burnside and hugged and made our way further South to Montage.

It was actually open this time and we got a little table at a table section of three (they put people elbow to elbow). We gabbed about school and work and all those little things. I had the buttermilk fried drumsticks and she had the beans and rice. There are many things that I would like to try on the menu, it is very diverse. My leftovers came in a snail design. Very cool!

After the walk to Montage, we trekked across the Morrison Bridge. It was a misting sort of rain. From there we walked in a series of lefts and rights towards PNCA. The school closed at 10 and we got there at 9:10. I showed off our printing studios (and some of my prints) and the art on the walls. A quick little run down. From there we strolled along 10th and grabbed some gelato to top off the night. And there we hugged and parted. It was a nice little lovely visit with tons of walking (and for once someone keeps MY pace).

Now I'm enjoying some tea and really noticing how much energy I used during the day. Whoo!

No comments: