hi

hi

Thursday, January 15, 2009

trill vs the man

So today's big quest was to renew my driver's license so I could get a pretty one all fresh for my 21st year. Hurray! DMV wasn't a long wait. I had my passport, my old ID, and three proofs of where I live now to show them. Turns out I needed a sixth thing: proof that the social security number that I wrote down was in fact the same one I used for my passport and all that. The number was on my grades but he said he couldn't use that because how do they know that that might not be my school ID. I whipped out my school ID which has my school ID number which is clearly different. Still not good enough. I might have become irked and asked to see a higher up if the guy helping me wasn't so nice about it. I took the driver's test in the instance that later, if I found something with my SSN, I could come in and get my ID. I failed the test. It would be easy question, easy question, and then something about how you are actually supposed to slow down if someone is tailgating you. What? I always go the speed limit because slowing down just pisses tailgaters off. I slow down when they are passing to make it easier and safer. So even if I had the stuff, I would have waited a day. But still a day is fine. Now there is a big runaround. I asked mom to send me my SSN. Karen and I are going to Washington to see about doing it there because it is cheaper and requires less proof of identity. Be good to have my SSN anyway because I've run into this sort of problem before.

It is all screwy. Boo DMV, booo!!

Hung out with the girls tonight. Just sort of read and they worked on things and discussed RA stuff. Well they discussed RA stuff. I drifted off into space. Robin sewed some lovely buttons onto a shirt for me. They look awesome. Whee!

Started watching Peep Show. It is a two person point of view camera BBC comedy. A little silly and uncomfortable at times but it does have nice build up.

Tomorrow: road trip to Vancouver! And Saturday night Llyw is coming into town for a little visit. Yay! Oh did I mention I'm working on thank you cards? Because I've been working on thank you cards.

No comments: