hi

hi

Saturday, January 17, 2009

boo on you Ooohreegaaahn

Okay. Seriously. What the hell, Oregon? $39 for a new ID? A million forms of proof that it is me? In Washington you just show up with your old ID and you can get a new one. No second form of proof, no verification of where you live, nothing. They trust people.

With a flask of Billy Tea shared betwixt us, Karen, Adam, and I went up to Vancouver, Washington to procure new IDs. We decided not to deal with the most irksome Oregon DMV and just renew our Washington ones. Also, it seems a better idea to just keep my parents address because it would be costly to change my address every time I move in Portland. If I move like, 4 times in the next five years then that is $25 a pop for new ones. Washington is just $10. Because I renewed it before I turn 21, the orientation is that of a minor but it doesn't expire till 2014. Whoo! I'm a big girl. They let me take my picture again because the lady thought I didn't smile. We waited about 20 minutes and we all were called in succession. We all got through it right quick. Like, under five minutes we were all done after our numbers were called. A little trust goes a long way when it comes to efficiency.

BILLY TEA! SO AWESOME!

After the quick IDs we all we to a Mongolian Grill, all you can eat. I only had one plate of meat and noodles and some vegetables but I had all I could eat of ice cream with caramel and chocolate dribbled all over it. Mmm. I like soft ice cream.

Matt came over for some movies. We watch Repo: The Genetic Opera. A musical about this guy that steals organs from people that can't pay for them. It came from a stage production. It was very silly but highly enjoyable. Good, gruesome effects. Of course it was watched on the projector. To round off the gore we watched Fargo. I was expecting a lot more from it. It seemed very simple and straight forward. People make mistakes. It doesn't work out. Did I miss something? Mom HATES this movie but loves Hot Fuzz? Hot Fuzz has more violence than Fargo. Ehh? Yeah. After the double feature I kicked Matt out. Well not kicked.

I had a tuna fish sandwich. Mmm.

Got a letter informing me that I am on the Dean's List.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congratulations Trill!!!
-Rubie