hi

hi

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

the teabag pod

Bad news! Daniel called me to inform me that the Graphic Novel course I was taking only had four people in it. It might become an independent study that focuses on one huge project due at the end. We would meet every couple weeks or so. Not be a steady class. Really sucks, it was the class I was looking forward to the most. But hey, might be good to learn now how to dedicate myself to a project that doesn't have a weekly class structure. Very important when it comes to comics. Booo!!

I caught up on my back issues of The Boys. Then I went to Powell's and treated myself to P. Craig Russell's edition of Coraline. As well as a couple really great deals in terms of anthologies. Less crowded than my last visit to Powell's. I had a lovely chat about comics with the guy who rung me up. He had no idea of the comic version of Coraline. It looks really nice.

It was very chilly but I didn't bring a coat. A little bit of chill goes away fast when you are scooting uphill on a heavy bike.

Robin stopped by for a quick Hi and I lured her into a viewing of Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. I made a big bowl of popcorn and some tea and we enjoyed it on the projector. Having a projector says a lot about your status. Means you have enough money to own one and some place to project on. Robin was adorable during the suspenseful end of the movie. It does keep you on your toes.

After the movie we went for a lovely walk around the neighborhood. Peeking at peoples places and finding spooky spots. The usual. Some wonderful houses and some magnificent stairs. Lots an lots of stairs. Robin led and I followed. Near the end my thighs were hurting from so much exercise. A very foreign concept. After the walk we sat about looking at YouTube videos while waiting for Diana to return. She did. We all hugged and talked. I called it good night.

Whew! long day where I did stuff. Now that people are back we can start doing game nights again.

No comments: