hi

hi

Saturday, January 24, 2009

shindiggies

Whoo! Birthday Shindig was a huge success in my book. I got a late start but everything came together with plenty of time to spare. Ate breakfast, ate lunch, went to Safeway. I bought some more sake (cheap but good and cozy) and I wasn't carded. I had my passport out, ready to show him but I guess he didn't need to see it. Noticed I was ready to provide proof. Anyway, got my feeding friends supplies so it was time to prepare!

After cleaning!

And dishes!

I got it all tidied up in less time than I expected. I made the gluten free brownies first. Bought the mix because Diana is intolerant to the stuff. I think it turned out right. It was edible so I guess it was supposed to fall apart like that. I made a batch of chocolate fudge cupcakes. I bought the icing and had left over sprinkles so I went with last years decorating choice of letting my guests make their own. Everything was set out and ready to go! So I put on A Very Long Engagement and waited for people to show up.

Bekka and Madeline came together and it was awesome. We put on Fifth Element and got settled. Kristen and Chelsey followed soon after. Amanda was next and a little later came Karen, Robin, and Diana. We all managed to seat ourselves comfortably and the movie was highly enjoyable. Fifth Element is a lovely movie to watch with a group. Fast paced, easy to follow, and plenty of laughs abound. The cupcakes were devoured, cheese puffs were consumed, laughs were had. After the movie Kristen and Chelsey left. The remaining ones gathered in a circle and we played Uno with the new sleek cards that I got for my birthday. I can't quite remember who won but it wasn't me. I think Amanda won the second turn. Hmmn. It was really fun. Uno can go for so long. Diana and Karen skipped out to do some RA stuff. I set us up with Wario Ware and Mario Kart. I made some tea, brought out the sorbet, and tried to be the best hostess I could be. Could have been better but oh well. Karen brought a vegetable platter so there was a little balance to the sweets. There were a lot of sweets. After the games, Diana left and Adam showed up. I set up my speakers and computer and put on The Fall for the remaining crew. The sound went in and out on my horrible speakers but the gist of movie was caught. Anyway, The Fall isn't watched for the sound anyway. Lovely!

I had a wonderful birthday. Lots of people showed up, sweets were consumed, and I had fun. It was nice. Bekka is staying over because she takes the Max to Hillsboro. We are chatting while I blog.

No comments: