hi

hi

Sunday, January 18, 2009

"I like how scott is completely and totally stupid"

While Llyw reads Scott Pilgrim, I shall write!

The train came in right on time. A little brisk walk and a job landed us right on the Red Max to Goose Hollow. We relaxed a little bit and then it was time to introduce him to my friends. Karen, Adam, Diana, and Robin were at Karen's. There were macaroons and popcorn. Diana tucked in early. We tried to figure out Killer Bunnies and near the end we got it but then it was over and Karen won. I had a lot of carrots but no bunnies. After the game we stayed up for way too long chatting. The process of distillation was brought up, glass work, story telling, ninjas, what people would do for a million dollars, and more ninjas. There was a lot of ninjas.

At around 2am we crawled into my apartment. Katie set us up with a sweet foam thingy and sleeping bag. Gabe is locked out of his place. Gabe made us breakfast. Fritata! It was fluffy and delicious.

The ability to set right out adventuring was hampered by a Goose Hollow Pod meeting at 2. It was tiny and not really well attended. We talked about activities we would like to do. I ate some ginger snaps. Then it was back to my apartment and time to adventure! The general course of action was to go to Compound Gallery via the Skidmore Fountain Max Stop and work our way up. Compound had lovely prints for good prices. Not the most amazing selection. A significant portion of their current gallery show was lame and dull. There were some pieces that had some brilliant type and lovely hues.

It was time to eat again but Ichiban Sushi would not open till 4pm. We killed time in the Powell's Technical Books. We got in right on time. The place filled up quick. Heather the print aide works there and she was very nice and chatty. I stuffed my face and even tried a little wasabi. It was delightful.

Cold set in. We hobbled over to Peet's Coffee House and thus began a long series of ping pong voice mail messages to Auntie Celia. She was breezing through town and all she wanted was some coffee. When we got back to my place we Googled directions but she was already in downtown and just needed to be told to go up Jefferson. Starbucks was open till 7. She parked on the hill, we met her, we hugged. It was wonderful! I didn't get a good enough chance to catch up with her over break. She got a nice amount of coffee and, well, we caught up. She was wearing the awesome hat I gave her for Christmas. I miss my auntie C.

After that we spent the rest of the night in. We watched about seven-eights of Repo: The Genetic Opera. Played WarioWare (I didn't win). Time went by far too quick. By noon tomorrow Llyw will be on the train to Seattle. And then school.

No comments: