hi

hi

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

21 on the 21st, my Golden Birthday

Last night (or rather this morning) was very fun! The sake was thoroughly enjoyed by me and the movie was hilarious because of it. It was shot all in sepia tone and had a long sequence with hopping Roman gladiators. It was bad bad bad but it was fun. And I had a pretty good sleep and no issues with getting up.

Graphic Novel is as was said. August, Lacey, and Maddison are in my class. It will be focused on one project with some deadlines. Most of the stuff will be due pre-finals in time for Stumptown. I think I might try and do a series of chapters, that way I can finish as many as I have time for and not rush a huge project.

I stopped by Office Max to pick up some notebooks, envelopes, and mechanical pencils.

For a little while, all the printmaking classes grouped together and they chatted about the department. I gave an invite to Madeline for my birthday. Then the two classes split up. My woodblock and screen class has Patrick (the one who I told off a year ago, he seems to be a lot more focused and joyful so I'm down with that), Phil, Diana, Devin, and Junko. A few others I recognize but don't know right now are there as well. It seems like it will be good.

For lunch Karen peer pressured me into going to On Deck, a sports bar a block from the school. We shared an order of onion rings and we each had a lovely pale ale to accompany it. Diana watched us drink. It was a nice cozy rozy little lunch (we have an hour at school to eat). Some people came in to sell us woodblock tools, I am sharing with Karen so I just bought some wood and a small u carver. Most of class was spent discussing what editions meant and what the assignments will be like. No tutorial yet but next week it seems like we shall be hardcore into it. The design for the woodblock is due then and we will start carving.

Rode home and took it easy. Karen stopped by for an episode of House. I ate some pizza. I got my box from home! My birthday box! I got the Leyendecker book, the Juxtapoz Illustration book, Bangkok Haunts, Stardust dvd, some new cons, some card games, and gummy worms and some other wonderful stuff. It was a big box of spoiled Trillian.

Now Katie and I are going out to see JCVD and drink a little.

Happy birthday to me! 21! The time goes by so fast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a responsible occassion, alltogether.

Happy birthday!