hi

hi

Saturday, December 13, 2008

one mans trash is a trillian's treasure

Duuuudes and duuuudettes, I found a most awesome thing in the trash room! A stop sign! And it is attached to some wood. It is like a stop sign from a swinging gate or something. I guess a person didn't want it when they were moving out so it is mine now. I made an effort to take it to Karen's to make a grand entrance with it. It is more cumbersome than heavy. Hurray!

Science Friction dealt with what defines scifi, if the art is bad or just dated, and some other stuff. Nicole lead the class for a little bit. We didn't get too deep into the story but regarded it more as a vertex between many different mediums. We got out early because we had to do a teacher evaluation. I said that Trevor is awesome and that was that.

Illustration was great for the first part and sucky for the second. My Madoka Kinoshita forgery went down really well (some said it was the best executed forgery and that they thought it was just another book on the artist and not my piece next to a sample). I remembered to bring Madeline's artist book but forgot the Illustration Now book that Alex referenced. Alex couldn't find an example of his artist because he neglected to write down the exact name of the person (Tavish). The class has really dropped in numbers. Oh well. Marilyn's forgery was very smooth and sweet but still had her humor, Dominic used some lovely flipside blending, Madeline's Hajime Yoshio was neat and tidy, and April's Banksy was a Llama. The only one Chad didn't deem successful was Josh's but we all jumped it an he changed his opinion.

Our assignment was to do a sorta conceptual Illustration based on an excerpt from something overheard. I didn't quite get it (should have read it closer I guess)and did a portrait of Jon while he was eating lunch and talking about his housemates. I tried something new and some new textures and stuff but it wasn't quite right. It looks good but not..quite there. Some of the Illustrations produced were really beautiful and experimental.

One week left.

The rain was quite torrential.

Ate spaghetti and considered my work. I have Saturday and Sunday off so I shall be cranking this out! Yeah!

Diana showed us (Karen and I)her fashion puppet robot. It is awesome.

Phil, Robin, Karen, Diana, Phil's friend Chris, and I all made Shrinky Dinks! You draw on this plastic stuff and you put it in the oven and it shrinks and it becomes hard and solid and the image that you made goes really small. It is good for things like earrings or pendants. We were experimenting. I should consider a shrinky dink comic. Yeah!

While Phil won Munchkin, we were all at level 9 so it was close. With my bonuses, I was at an impressive 32 or something. I had boots and leggings and a shiny cheese grater and an angry wizard hireling, and all this other stuff. I made a good play of keeping other people from winning for a while but in the end, Phil won.

Chris had one of those laptops that you can draw and click straight on the screen. I drew in a program. It was super fun.

No comments: