hi

hi

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

farewell

My Grandpa passed away this morning. Last holiday he went through my portfolio and marveled at the figure work I was doing. He, with the rest of the family, always encouraged me to apply myself to my art.


More tonal work in figure drawing. Long break. I'm not so keen on this work but it is giving me a better sense of building up the figure. History of Design was spent looking at the websites of Portland based design companies. Some cool videos were watched:


We got out early. Karen, Jim and I looked at more more the Bent Studios videos. Maybe I should get an internship with one of these companies?

Painting was spent sketching out my comic pages. Shouldn't be too difficult to finish. The size is just hard to work with outside of having a desk to do it on, ya know? Jen put on Amelie and we thoroughly enjoyed it. A lovely soundtrack now that I know the tone and scenes on that movie from heart.

Got some apples and bananas from Trader Joes. I wanted to get more healthy stuff but my mind drew a blank. This cute employee chatted me up a little bit. Joked about putting my groceries in my art tube and then asked what it was for. When I said it was a piece for art school he said he went to California College of Arts (before the dropped the ...and Crafts). It was a nice little moment. Then he held up a little cardboard mask and ninja'd away. Tee hee. Had a little chat with the person who rang me up about how my bike wasn't stolen last time I was here when I forgot to lock it. I've had him bag my groceries before, a nice old chap. I really like Trader Joe's as a whole. Great deals on sweeties as always.

Called mom when I got home.

Now I am going to go to bed. Well, have some tea and read a book and then doze off. I have a morning shift again. Hurray.

No comments: