hi

hi

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

if you bought more, I wouldn't have to mark it down

I had an epic markdown shift today. Did the sheets for a while. Some pants were so NOT herringbone but the sheet said they were. That took too long so we started just beeping everything. We had about 4500 units to mark down. It is the first wave of trying to reduce the Winter stuff for Spring. There were huge piles of polos and sandwiched in sweaters to mark down. Even with three other people working, it still took till 1:30pm to finish. Well, when I took lunch, some people left. I had to do most of the backroom by myself. Piles and piles. Lots of up and down and up and down. Super strain on my knees because Paula doesn't like seeing people sit while working. Even with all the hard work (Gloria kept encouraging me to work with more immediacy, I was trying my hardest to be immediate!) there were still mutters of it taking too long. THERE WERE THOUSANDS OF THINGS TO MARK DOWN PEOPLE!! It takes time. And there was a complaint about the state of the store after the mark downs. Well you can either have the job done close to the time you ask for and have it be messy after or have it be neat and take twice as long.

Still, lots of hours are good. And I got my paycheck. It was more than I expected but still less than I wanted and my next is going to be smaller. Still, any money is my very hard earned money. There is a Key Bank a block from the Lloyd so I promptly deposited it.

I requested to have the 19th to the 28th off from work. There is the possibility of me going back to Portland on the 28th if they schedule me for the 29th so if you want some Trilly Time, you have to jump on it.

I just didn't have the heart to draw much today. Worked a little on a fourth puppet (three just would make the play too hectic). But I have a lot of time tomorrow between class and my comic isn't that complex. This weekend will be INTENSE to get it finished (but its a three day weekend, hurrah!). Not as on top of it as last year I think.

Oh, got a kazoo for the puppet show as Morgan wants a band for it.

Yoga went by so quickly. I managed to get my palms on the floor! It was a small group but I felt really good after. Kody and I chatted a little bit. He is a cool dude now that I am used to him. Well, used to is a poor phrasing. More like "friends with".


I don't know if I mentioned it but last Friday, Chad handed out a fake assignment to us to try and prank us. It was to do a classical illustration to this hard rock song. It seemed like something he would assign (in line with his humor I mean) so we were very deceived. He's a fun guy.

No comments: