hi

hi

Saturday, December 6, 2008

ode to things slimy

Science Friction just barely scratched the surface of Watchmen. I said that we all own it, not just DC or Moore. I brought oatmeal and ate it. The school has a hot water dispenser so hurrah for mush!

In Illustration we talked about what thesis we saw and our ideas for our future. I talked a lot, maybe because I was tired and didn't have a censor. We broke for lunch early and Robin and I got some Yo's. We lounged in the library. Katie and I exchanged quick hellos.

Carson Ellis came into class to talk to us and show her work. She is really cool and super skilled and all famous and well known. Hurrah! Also very much red headed. Our assignment was to draw a forgery. It isn't due till next class so I might redo it. I tried to forge Kent Williams but we had to do it in something opposite our style so I might redo it. Oh I just said that. Err yea. I also sketched, inked, and lightly colored a drawing of Dominic and Sivonna sitting next to each other. They both really dug it so I photocopied it for them. I'm pleased with it as well, they both have great hair to draw.

I left a little early and rushed home to catch the office before it closed. I got my packaged at like, 4:58. Yeah for teeshirts! They look great and fit me perfectly. I'm wearing my Octadecapus teeshirt now.

Did my laundry. The towels didn't fit and I did them by hand. They are going to take forever to dry.

Did some quick little articulated figures to give to the Munchkin crew. Also handed out a stack of comics to Adam and Phil. They all loved my little moving images of them. Robin had a rotating tea arm, Adam had an arm to put around Karen, Karen had two arms, Phil had a high-fiving arm, Diana had a hand holding arm, and I also had a hand holding arm. Everyone was all "awww that's so sweet!" and I got hugs.

Diana won Munchkin via the Divine Intervention card which gave her a winnable level. I had a pretty awesome character which included, but was not limited to, a fire breathing, farting, flying war horse and a divine stepladder. I drew out characters and then drew Robin smoking and looking sultry.

I have the snuffles. I think I caught a chill last night from not having a proper amount of pajamas on.

Tomorrow I am going with Robin to house sit and work work work! I'll be away from the distractions of my apartment so that should be good. Also there is a button quest at noon with Karen. Hurray!

No comments: