hi

hi

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

it is time

Just spent the last three or so hours inking and the hours before that drawing. Working on my History of Design final. I might end up redoing it more like Aubrey Beardsley's style (it is a homage) because I'm not sure how strongly it reads as it right now. Still, needs to be finished. I am very pleased with the image on its own. Working big isn't such a daunting task anymore and my style shows.

Early in the day, Diana, Karen and I went to Powell's. I left my wallet at home. First we looked at Google Earth on Diana's computer because Google Earth is AWESOME. We walked all the way there but it was good company so the time went fast. Karen bought a copy of Illustration Now (twice she has gone to Powell's to get something that I bought the day prior). She found some great art books and some books to manipulate with her modified book art stuff that she does. Afterwards we talked about going to Powell's as a bookstore to explore and find new things and going to a place like Barnes and Noble to find specific things to read (sometimes Powell's falls short in the stock department). It is such a beautiful store.

I finished watching 3:10 to Yuma. Westerns are not really my thing but it was okay. It felt short and like it needed...more.

And yeah, pretty much worked on my project.

My bike tire now is lumpy. It doesn't ride evenly and it rattles if I go really fast.

Tomorrow is the day to check out Thesis a plenty. I shall have my sketchbook in hand for sketching (I have an assignment to do some "journalism" sketches and need to get working on them).

Happy Birthday Seiji!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take it to the bike shop and get new tires. Maybe not off-road tires.