hi

hi

Friday, December 5, 2008

dilly of a day

Ahk, what a day.

Figure drawing was a focus on more tonal buildup. Lots of long poses. Whatever.

Inked in some of my sketchbook. Looks great even though one page smudged onto the opposite drawing. Still is acceptable. Scanned those in. Checked email.

Ate at Hot Lips. Sketched another picture. My method makes it really a simple thing to produce work. Read Watchmen.

I broke down a little before painting and Jen and Bryan were both very sweet. I have great friends. Got it together in time for class and Farel brought in another buddy to show off: Jesse Reklaw! He showed us his technique and we all joked about. It was nice. Farel assigned us our final (with two weeks left in the semester).

Karen stopped by to give me some brads for my puppet.

Earlier in the day we (Karen and I) purchased some items from the Holiday Art Sale. I have a budget and I have not gone over it! I got a comic bundle from BT, a print that I really wanted from Anthony Roberto for cheapsies (hurrah!!), a print of Darya's, and a present for a someone someone. People priced a little high this year and there isn't as much really interesting work. Still, it is cool to see everyone come together.

I spent hours working on my sketchbook before noting the due date is the 19th. What the hell? Argh. So I had to stay up even later than I had to to finish my homework that is actually due. But I got it.

Cecine is leaving after this semester. My new roommate is named Katie. She has a cat. She is in my Science Friction class, is an intermedia major, and seems like a cool Caterpillar.

No comments: