hi

hi

Saturday, August 9, 2008

a night spent in mocking

Started in on a new painting. I was going to do it in full color but as I started painting, it became analogous due to poor reference photos. It is now cross complimentary... or something. I'm just trying to broaden my portfolio.

I got up to exercise with Karen but was a little late and missed her. We met up and did get our work out on a little bit at 12:30. I'm a little out of shape compared to how good I was doing, but I think I will get it back.

In the evening Karen and I hung out again with the intention of collage making and painting. Instead I read aloud from the Cosmos that were left behind in the recycling bin. That magazine is HILARIOUS! Their surveys are poor, their advice is flimsy, their hot and sexy stories and ridiculous... oh blimey. We are so going to draw up some parodies of these crappy magazines.

Holly Update:



She was really bad today! Clawed the couch, bit my feet when I was sleeping, pouncing on Ibanez repeatedly when he clearly didn't want the attention. She was wild and naughty. We didn't know what was up with her. Hopefully she will settle down a bit tomorrow, but who knows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave Sim has actually been working on a parody of Cosmo for a while now called Glamourpuss, I've got an issue. Pretty okay I guess. Not something you'd expect from the now-intently celibate dude who once drew Cerebus.