hi

hi

Monday, August 4, 2008

all in bed now

I slept way too much in. I keep staying up later and later...eventually I will really force myself out of bed to try and reset my clock. I need to get working out again. Karen went on a camping trip and with the kitten disrupting my pattern, it is hard to will myself to wake at certain hours.

Jen was throwing a Naked Party, that is a party where girls get together with the clothes they no longer wear, toss them in a pile, and pick out new clothes that they like. I must say that I scored, and people did take my clothes which was a good feeling. Karen drove us to the shindig and as we were leaving there was an amazing assortment of boots in the free zone. All size 8, but maybe there would be someone with that big of feet at the party. Jen's apartment looks great, she really pulled it together. It is perfect for having people over and working on things. The open space is orchestrated nicely in that it doesn't look like there is unused area.

The night started with two games of Apples to Apples. It was Jen, Karen, Jen's friend Titta, and myself. Titta said that the green cards you get often describe yourself and the first card I got was grungy. What? I'm not...

Grease played in the background as we rummaged. I walked away with TWO pairs of jeans, a sexy skirt, a wonderful hounds tooth coat, pumps, boots I plan to put stuffing in so my feet don't slide forward, some shorts and a pile of tees both simple and patterned. It was great. Not everything I offered was claimed so I have more if another party arises.

Jen set up a video on her laptop and we recorded a game of us playing Apples to Apples. She also recorded my impersonation of Casey Oney dragging himself through paint. We ate guacamole chips and potato wedges and had a good time.

After, Karen and I went to Adam's studio to pick him up. He makes things out of glass for a living(sculpture as well as recreational devices, if you get what I mean) and I got to see where he did it. Lots of fragile looking things laying about. He said he could teach us how to make a marble and he gave me a scrap of glass as a souvenir. He is one hoopy frood/awesome dude. And he and Karen are impossibly cute together (he joined her in camping). I will make sure to take him up on his glass lesson offer.

Holly Update:

So Ibanez climbed into bed with me this morning. Lindsay was gone so he needed some cuddling. Holly joined me as well and for five minutes we all lay together peacefully. Then Holly tried to get closer and disturbed him. It was a nice moment.

I forgot to close him in his room when I left for the party but it all seemed fine when I came back.

Her meds have ran out so I don't have to give them to her anymore. I called the clinic and scheduled a new time to take her staples out. She should be free on the 8th. Hopefully.

Slowly she and Ibanez seem to be becoming more buddy buddy.

No comments: