hi

hi

Thursday, August 7, 2008

children these days

Karen and Adam wanted a stall for First Thursday but Karen couldn't find her PNCA ID in time so that she could grab one. I offered my ID and off we went to grab a table. When we were leaving, Karen started to drive away but Adam was still getting in the car and she almost ran him over. Whoops.

Around Everett, the place where the bike lane is ALWAYS used as a turn lane, she slowed to let us hop out. A car came up in the bike lane and we had to close the door to let him past. Instead of going past, the jerk in his big SUV stopped and shouted at us about whatever we were doing. All three of us, in sync, did a motion and he shut up and drove on in the bike lane. The next block, Karen let us out.

We couldn't locate the person right away who appeared to be the manager of the tables. We asked the nice guy at the PNCA desk but he had no clue. A few questions later and we figured it out. All the spots were full up. But Jack let them double up on his ceramics table. Adam was selling earrings and a few buddies of his sold their glassware.

The Pre-College program had their big show, the one I was a part of a few summers back. There was some real talent in that group of youngins. Michael and a ladyfriend of his were there, we said hellos. Andy and I exchanged hi's and he inquired where I got my cupcake from(from the box of cupcakes at the front door, duh). Chatted a little with Matt and Daniel Duford. Yeah.

I now owe Karen $10. We did a loop of all the stalls. It is more of a walking market than a buying one. Saw some great print makers there. I didn't feel like going to any real galleries so I took the streetcar home. Still, saw a lot of people and familiar faces (Jack cut all the dyed bits out of his hair).

Pretty much finished the drawing part on a new painting. Very simple but it has a lot of light play in it. I need some references before I can begin.

On the way back from First Thursday, I replenished my sunflower seed supply at Plaid Pantry. I am so addicted to those things.

Holly Update:



The kitties rubbed their faces together. They eat each other's food (well Ibanez eats her food). They poop in each others litter boxes. They have totally bonded. Soon I will give her over to Karen's care.

Holly has really taken to Lindsay. She sits next to her when she is seated, but never next to me when I am rested. Maybe she hates me because I fed her medicine.

The kitten is doing wonderfully. Getting bigger all the time.

No comments: