hi

hi

Thursday, August 14, 2008

just kidding about the shaving part

Robin came a knocking at my door with goodies. Little move-in baggies for Cecine and myself. They are getting the RA's really active this time around.

A little later Karen, Diana, and Robert came by for a RA furniture audit. Basically to make sure I had not broken or thrown out any chairs. Gotta keep tabs on me, I'm wild. Also there are only four people moving in that are over the age of 21 and I think I heard that about 80% of the people are 17-18. Yikes!

I needed a laugh after yesterday so I went to a matinee showing of Tropic Thunder. LOVED IT! I didn't know how much I was missing good comedy until this came around. All the characters were great and had even screen time and development. They were all wonderful parodies but still real enough. It was wonderfully not politically correct. Oh wow, I can't wait to see it AGAIN. The theatre wasn't really packed(or even half full) so I want to see it with a large, high energy crowd. I really enjoyed it but I am sure it isn't for everyone. It is a step in the right direction. Slow down Apatow, stop being in movies Will Ferrell.

I ran into Jen in the bathroom after the film. She works at the theatre. She was there to catch a free film and as I am really lazy and had no plans, I joined her. She got me in, free, to see The Mummy 3:Something about a Dragon Emperor. It was bad. Way too cheesy, even for a Mummy franchise film. Rachel Weisz couldn't have even saved it and having Maria Bello replace her was really ehh. It really made me like Tropic Thunder even more. The effects were horrid, they were even worse than the first Mummy movie and that came out about a decade ago.

So all in all, that double feature took me from 5:00pm to almost 10:00pm. Which was fine by me, it was a hot day and I needed to be around some A/C. As I was ascending the escalator, a guy in a rude shirt tried chatting me up. I was having none of that.

I hung out with Karen and Adam after. I read aloud from ladies magazines and Adam became quite distressed with how truly horrific they are. He gave me a glass brooch! Perfect for one of my many jackets. Need to just figure out which one.

Holly Update:

Holly has moved up a floor and is with Karen now. She was meowing constantly as she scoped out her place. It was very warm and she panted a little. So we shaved her.

I caught her and Ibanez sleeping just a few inches apart. But I could tell he was still generally displeased by her being around. When I came back from dropping her off at Karen's, he clambered into my lap and purred.

Holly will hopefully like being at Karen's for the rest of Chelsey's absence. Hopefully the heat doesn't get to her that much. It might be good to be with a stranger right now so that she will adjust to being with Chelsey better. Not like she got some idea in her tiny little head that I am her new caretaker.

No comments: