hi

hi

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

back to bike-sics

They put in a green area on 14th and Burnside. It is a little space painted green on the right most lane. It is a spot where bikes can park in front of cars so that they don't get run over. A safe spot. A way so that cars don't go into our lane to turn because we have right of way. It is pretty neat. A nice shade of bright green as well.

It was nice hanging with Jim. It has been a while. I've missed all my friends. We watched Gotham Knight which is a collection of Japanese animated Batman cartoons. A couple were done by some of the people who did Tekkonkinkreet. It was fun. I thought one was done by Satoshi Kon, but it wasn't. After we walked around the neighborhood and I got some ice cream. 70 degrees is a good heat for me. It works.

I paid the deposit on the next year of Goose Hollow living. Huzzah. I refilled out the form saying what I want in a roommate.

My legs are very sore from all the biking. Across the bridge, up hills both ways, and in the sun; that's no fun.

Finished watching season 2 of Dexter. That is one damn fine show. No cliffhangers. Lots of nail biting. Now what? Oh yeah...job. Bleh.

When I was riding home my bike seat fell off. It just detached and slid right off. Thankfully I was mostly out of traffic and had a spot to stop and pick up the seat and screws. Seems like a quick fix. I could never get the bolt tight enough on it. It was always wobbly. I didn't have far to go, but even a half mile with no seat is a lot of strain from a standing pedaling position.

No comments: