hi

hi

Friday, July 4, 2008

lock the door and brush the cat

Chelsey and I went to the waterfront to take in the fireworks. She brought along Peanut, a dachshund/chihuahua mix that she is taking care of for the night. It was a fun little meander to the water. We sat on the grass but it was a bit damp. We stood for the show. They had some nice big booms and it lit up the sky and all the standard firework fare. Pretty cool, no music though. A few people were selling glowing light sabers. I love hearing the bomb and that second of anticipation for what the firework will be. There were two sets going off; one between the Burnside and Hawthorne Bridge and one on the other side of the Hawthorne Bride. It lasted about 25 minutes but it went by in a flash.

The mass exodus of people was...massive. People crossed when they didn't have the walk sign. Peanut was well behaved. When we were sitting down some kids gave him some pets. I couldn't figure out if one of the kids was a boy or a girl. Fireworks are still going off but I can't see them.

Haven't heard from Lindsay in a day or so. Ibanez is in full needy mode.

Bought a variety of foodstuffs because I need some change, just cheese steak fixings, breaded frozen fish, and toaster pastries. Bought Ibanez a brush as a going away present. He doesn't like being brushed as much as Basil does.

Almost done with Wonderfalls. Well I've seen about half of it already. Watched Barton Fink as well. And that was...what? I don't know quite what it was. Not my favorite Coen brothers movie.

No comments: