hi

hi

Sunday, June 29, 2008

a day at the beach(s)

Well, this morning, the bottom of my foot fell apart into one big painful blister. I've been limping around all day.

It was warm when Karen, Robin and I left Portland. Not sizzling hot but still we were excited to go to the beach. Karen filled up at a secret Radio Cab gas station and off we went. We had plenty of snacks and waters and sandwiches. All sorts of tasty tastes. As we approached Canon Beach the weather became cloudy and cold.

The other had layers but I was just in a shirt dress and a bathing suit. I was shivering. Karen lent me a little cardigan. The sand was warm but still it was cold. The ocean was too far out to play in. We did make a sand castle and sit for a while. Robin's sandwiches were the bee's knees. A sort of sandcastle was built.

I picked up salt water taffy in town as a treat for everybody(and a thank you for Karen for doing all the driving) and we went to Seaside to see if the beach there had sun. I hobbled along behind the girls and indeed it was warm! We found a nice spot near the dunes and sunbathed. It was still a little overcast so we didn't get overheated or burnt (my face is a little red but not bad at all). It was great just sitting around and gabbing.

There was some hobbling back to the car. The blister is about the size of a half dollar. No puny thing.

We were met with rain on the way back. And thunder. And some magnificent lightning. Just picturesque. It made us all go, "woooooaaaaah!!".

Again we hobbled around and spent some time laying about and chatting. Eventually it was time for Robin to catch the max. We all went our separate ways for the night. Busy day. I'm looking forward to sleep.

Ibanez woke me up at 3:00am. He was throwing up. He barfed on my sandals. The brown ones my host mother bought for me in Japan. Had to throw them out. It is the second pair of my shoes that he has puked on.

No comments: