hi

hi

Monday, March 24, 2008

a date? really? well, I'm not so sure myself...

When it comes to Jim and Michael, it is almost odd how I always see one and then the other within 24 hours of each other. They are just free to hang with me at the same times during the week and weekend it would seem.

Just got back from what is a long bike ride for me. Came from around SE Morrison & 20th, crossed the Hawthorne Bridge, and rode up the not so fun hill to SW Clay & 16th. But it didn't seem like that long. Half of it was downhill and it was an amazing night. Totally clear and peaceful. I love the view that happens when you come over the bridge at night. I rarely see it so fully (I am normally on the max when I cross the bridge).

When crossing the bridge I saw Modou and stopped and said hello.

So I went on a date with Jim. Well I think it counted as a date. He paid. Guy paying = date right? And I think we talked about going on a date. Hmm. Uh. Well I'm counting it as a date. My....second one in Portland? Including the blind date. Uh yeah.

Anyway, so we went out. Dinner and a movie. Pizza and In Bruges. We were going to meet at the theatre but right across Hawthorne Bridge I rode past him before he got to his bus stop and we walked the rest of the distance together. I parked my bike at Cinemagic and we grabbed some pizza and drinks at a near by place (the only place open so late on a Sunday). Chatted and nibbled on food. Only the pizza slices in that place were affordable. And not that great. I miss Seabeck Pizza. Then we went to see In Bruges.

Just as great, moving, amazing, beautiful, tragic, and perfect as the first time I saw it. If not moreso.

Then I walked Jim home, said our goodbyes, and I peddaled off into the night.

Last night as Michael's was fun. Made some more of the nest things, looked at photos and art books, chatted, and ate the nest things. It was late but we decided to still watch Serenity. We both sort of dozed off while watching it and because of that I ended up spending the night as opposed to riding home in a half awake state (I think mom would prefer I didn't do that). Michael moved to the Nob(tee hee) Hill area of Portland. Lots of cute houses and apartment complexes near to Trader Joe's and fashionable boutiques. I would love to live in that area. It looks so quiet and colorful.

Riding home was nice. A little moist but still enjoyable. I went past all the Easter church goers in their fine clothes.

Spent the rest of the day relaxing, eating a cucumber, petting Ibanez, and watching House and Project Runway. Need more House, probably should take a break from Project Runway.

I can't wait till the weather picks up. I really want to spend a day riding my bike around Portland.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss Seabeck Pizza too. I do not miss the staples one was bound to find within the pizza.