hi

hi

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

hang out (verb)

The last time I was in Seattle was for the MFA trip and that time I managed to see Llyw. This Seattle trip was no exception; minus the art museums.

Took a little effort to get my car out of the icy driveway but the main roads were peachy. Parked and payed at Bainbridge Island. Nine bucks for all day parking. NINE BUCKS! That is almost ten.

Read some of Mourning Star on the quick ride over and Llyw was there about a minute after I got off the ferry.

With no real plans we set out towards Uwajimaya. The walk took less time than I remember it taking (maybe he knew a quicker route). Didn't spend much time there; picked up some snackums and that was pretty much it. There were no movies to be seen so we just headed to his place to hang out. I brought along my external hard drive and put some various things from his computer onto it. Sweet thing to have.

While those things were loading we went out for lunch for some delicious fast food. I have never had Jack-In-The-Box before, and if I had it has been years and years. It was pretty tasty stuff. After lunch we settled down into watching DVD's via way of his awesome projector. The main selection for the rest of the day was Wonderfalls (with one episode of Spaced thrown in). Great show, I can see why it got cancelled as it was an hour long show before the slightly surreal hour long shows achieved the larger audience. It has notoriety now.

After we finished the first disc we sat about and talked and chatted and even conversed a little. Time flew by while the time to catch the bus downtown crept up on us.

I missed my bus to take me to the 9:00 ferry so Caleb gave me a lift to the dock to catch the 9:45 (Llyw tagged along on the ride).

Goodbyes and hugs were exchanged and I went up to the near deserted terminal, bought my ticket, and waited for the ferry to come in. Read a little more Mourning Star. The drive home went really well; the roads were hardly iced over and traffic was minimal. Even the driveway ice seems to be melting.

Super fun day. It is great to get out of the house and to see old friends. But now I am really feeling the want to return to Portland.

No comments: