hi

hi

Monday, December 31, 2007

how much worse could it get

I. hate. the. ice. Hate it hate it hate it. The snow has moved into that stage of never melting ice that coats the roads and makes it a real pain to drive through and on. Bugger! Made it back safely from Chris' but that was only a couple miles away; normally a 5 minute drive. It took me easily fifteen minutes to get home. Real slow driving and a wee bit dangerous. I felt less in control on the main road than on the iced over driveways.

Hung out with Chris today. He has been my friend for years and years. We always hang out when we get the chance. We sat about and surfed the net on our adjacent laptops. Talked at great length about school and people and whats going on (Cheryl Christy is engaged? what?). General catching up really. I miss having a friend about that I am totally comfortable with and don't have to worry about what they will think of me; someone I have that bond with. Portland is a fresh start but it is also a start from square one pretty much (with the exception of Sean who I knew before).

After watching some Wild Zero clips we decided to watch Tideland. That movie was horrible. Not a bad movie just really sad. Combining her imagination in the simple childlike way and not utilizing it as a coping mechanism it just amplified the sorrow. Horrible thing after horrible thing kept happening to the poor little girl (and her accent was all over the place). In the end we just wished she would die so she could be in a happier place. Damn you Terry Gilliam and your ability to make horror out of reality.

Left from Chris' very late but I think even if I had left earlier it would have still been a bother to drive and there might have been more people on the road.

Before I left for his place I halfway bound a book while watching Twin Peaks. Now that they have "solved" it and know what Bob "is", the story is going to get more intense and weird. Wooooah!

No comments: