hi

hi

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

start with a tune and a delayed bang



2008 is upon us! Whoo! Two-oh-oh-eight. I will be Twenty. Out of my teens. Out of adolescence, childhood, and all that other stuff. I will be in my TWENTIES this year. YEE-HAW! And I will be starting my Illustration program at PNCA so that is awesome.

The fireworks at the Space Needle on TV might have been more impressive if they had synced up to the music instead of having "computer glitches" and not go off for minutes at a time. Still nice. We lit some crackers, bottle rockets and sparklers. We used up our good fireworks last Fourth of July.

I was trying to pull an all-nighter so that I could readjust my sleep schedule (I've been staying up past 2am and sleeping in till past noon) but at 6:30 am I fell asleep and woke up a little before 2. Oh well.

Went into town with the parents to do some shopping. I picked out my major (and most likely only) birthday present: a 320 GB external hard drive. Now my laptop won't be all full up! Before I had 7.25 GB free and now I have 57.7 free. Huzzah! My hard drive is a thing of beauty. At Best Buy I ran into Chris and we chatted briefly. Oh I also got some Pixi Stix. Yumm!

After some late lunch and grocery shopping we went home. I moved my computer files around and finished binding my book. It looks a little clumsy and shoddy but I am going to say that it makes it have "character". The paper I used for the cover turned out nice. Can't wait to see it tomorrow after it has finished drying in the press.

Going to Seattle tomorrow. Anti-hermit activities.

Happy New Year Everybody! Here is to another year of art, new friendships, scrubbed bathrooms, frustrations, and achievements.

No comments: