hi

hi

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Tyler Durden works at Trader Joe's


Broke in my new bike baskets. Okay not broke but I used them. After the darkroom I went to Trader Joe's to pick up some groceries. Great prices not much in the selection department. They had orange juice, cookies, grapes, bananas, apples and those really good Terra chips so I was set. The nice guy who wrung me up (I believe it was at the "Flanders" register, as all had little street signs from the streets in the Alphabet District) had a name tag that said "Tyler Durden". He made my two bags even in weight so it would be better to bike with. The mass of the baskets made me rethink how I was biking and what I could squeeze between and I bumped into them with my leg on occasion (but it wasn't at all painful so it's all good). Got back home nice and safe with lovely groceries to stock my cabinet.

Wrote up some post cards and sent them out. Sean came over and brought with him UBER GOODIES!! He bought me a tube for carrying art (it is blue and semi see through and has a shoulder strap and is awesome) and he made brownie/cheesecake combination that was delicious and total face stuff worthy. I stuffed my face good and we watched the awesome that is House. They do mix it up occasionally on the show and when they do the episode has more impact and meaning. After House we watched the last hour of Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. Horrible movie, just bad acting and general lack of...yeah. Silver Surfer silver surfed for about 10 minutes and then Doom wrecked up the place (okay I kind of like Doom but only because the actor who plays him is also one of the doctors in Nip/Tuck and I totally need to add my address to the parents Netflix so I can watch the fourth season of that show).

I spent my time in Digital Tools trying to figure out the audio texture of bubble wrap, skirts, jackets, doors and hula hoops. Yeah. It made a lot of sense at the time and now when I think about it, seems a little crazy. But hey! It's art school.

We have returned to models in drawing class (hurray) and for the first part we did gestures and a subtraction figure study. The second part was a more geometric/measuring way of drawing the figure and we were introduced to crosshatching. My first drawing looks snazzy, the second ended up being unfinished.

Went to Subway with Michael for lunch. Thank GOD someone else out here likes Heroes. And it turns out that Matt and Andy are Michael's roommates. I put two and two together and figured out that Matt was the guy that was with Michael at Stumptown Comics Fest and Craig had been with a tall fellow that I realize to be Andy. Small world!

After drawing I spent two and a half hours in the darkroom. Did a bunch of shots of Ibanez and a few shots of Diana and Chervona for fun. 5/6 of my images done and will have time in the darkroom tomorrow to work on that final one. Huzzah, I am on top of things!

No comments: