hi

hi

Sunday, September 2, 2007

thump thump thump

I just got back from telling my upstairs neighbour to not do whatever it was that made him thump so much at 3am. His name is Bo and he was very nice and apologetic about bouncing his tennis ball (I'm sure he wasn't aware of the noise it was making). Outside of his thumping, I think the PNCA students will be the more likely noise makers in the dorm.

Yesterday was for taking it easy, as is today most likely. Went to get some stamps, saw something AWESOME on 6th and Madison, went to Payless but couldn't find any sneakers that I liked, and then I went to Powell's. I wanted Arkham Asylum and Ode Less Travelled (by Grant Morrison and Stephen Fry, respectively) but I ended up picking up Crooked Little Vein by Warren Ellis as well and giving Fry's book a pass. Sure Stephen Fry is the man but I don't think I am at a time in my life where I really need a book on how to write poetry. I think I'll just watch QI instead.

Ran into David at the streetcar stop and we went back to the dorms together. He had this sparkling water lavender soda that looked really tasty but I didn't catch the name of it. I made another loaf of Banana Bread for the PNCA Goose Hollow pot luck tonight. As it was baking Mike and Sean showed up and we chatted and hula hooped until it was time to head down.

A nice amount of people showed up and my Banana Bread was a pretty good success. Chatted with Ty, Aubrey, and Laura (or how I remember: to tie a ty, Aubrey Beardsley and Larua Dern) and munched on much delicious stuff. I'd say about half of the dorm people showed up at some point and another during the potluck.

Afterwords I just chatted with Lindsay (who got a cute haircut at Bishop's) and hula hooped some more. The rest of the night was uneventful except for Bo thumping at the wee hours of the morning. No plans today, but something will happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you weren't afraid to tell your neighbor that the thumping bothered you. Does this mean you have given up dancing with headphones out of courtesy for your downstairs neighbor?