hi

hi

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

should I?

Should I get my hair cut by children? On Saturday and Sunday, as part of the TBA Festival, Mammalian Diving Reflex is putting on this show that features people getting haircuts from children. You call in for your free appointment and show up 12-4 on the two days. I need a haircut, and this might be fun. Or a disaster, but I've had heinous haircuts before. Also it would make a great story. Some days I like where my hair is at right now, some times it is fussy and annoying to have to work with it. And this is a new time in my life, so maybe the cut could be a good way to usher in this time?

What do you think?

Yesterday was really easy, so I wasn't exhausted when I got home. Today I am wiped. Set my alarm wrong again, but got up no problem. Caught the shuttle, which brought me to school in five minutes. That thing is wonderful. Chatted up Lindsay and Karen before my 2D design class. Matt, Chris, Cidney, John, and James from the dorms are in that class with me. James and I talked about comics and we set up a lend later on(Promethea for Transmetropolitan), he also remembered (and really liked) the Banana Bread I made for the pot luck. This class is half painting, half photography. We won't be developing our own film but we will be making prints in the dark room. I will be using gouache for the first time, so that is exciting.

Lunch was the mangled sandwich I made yesterday, still good just a little ravaged from being lugged around. There is such a wide variety of students at PNCA, can't wait for things to really get going.

Finished off 2d Design with a slide show and some camera talk.

Time Arts has Amina and Mike, everyone else is sort of unfamiliar. One awesome girl prefers Eccleston to Tennant, just like me. In the class we discussed duration, tempo, intensity, scope, setting, and chronology and how they relate to performance and art in general. This class is currently the front runner for my favorite. We are starting with performance and idea generation and we will perform in front of people (class or large group, I don't know) then animation, cinematic structures and media, video poetry, sound, and then the wonderful part: graphic novels!! Yay! First semester and I will be working with comics, woo-hoo! Then finals with installation and critiques throughout.

Walking back was the bad part. Mike and I just missed the streetcar by 45 seconds, so we walked along 11th and waited a few stops down for it to catch up with us. We rode it for about three blocks when it stopped due to a truck blocking the way. A large group disembarked, the people lacking portfolios, and we stayed behind. Eventually we gave in and walked the rest, taking turns lugging my portfolio (Mike is so nice). Loathe the steady uphill walk and despise the face my portfolio wasn't opened once today. Well, now I know that I probably won't need it Mondays and Wednesdays, so that's good. Less lugging.

Now I'm home again, trying to decide which TBA events to take Nathan and Rubie to when they visit (need to get tickets) and thinking about getting my hair cut.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The concepts in the Time Arts class sound really innovative and exciting. It's taking linear art to the experiential level, animating ideas. Very good for stimulating creativity!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a real nice day. Maybe you need wheels on your portfolio. I like your hair as it is. You wouldn't let me cut your hair.