hi

hi

Thursday, September 6, 2007

clack clack clack



Today I wore my leather shoes auntie Celia gave me, they give off a lovely sound as I walk in them. A sort of empowering feeling. I dressed up(ish) for First Thursday; shiny shirt, black tank, black skinny leg jeans and my pointy leather shoes. Got lots of compliments (about four). Not the best walking shoes, but walking was easy today.

First Thursday is the first Thursday of every month, it is when galleries have their openings. The TBA Festival also begins today. I received a ticket for tEEth from Arvie for the September 11th show and made a reservation for that hair cut thing (Sunday, 1pm), there is a chance for chickening out so never fear (mom) I might keep it how it is. I ended up not buying any tickets from PICA for Nathan and Rubie when they visit, there are some free open events going on I'll try for first, before I spend $60-$75 on tickets. Plus I want to see what I am getting tickets for (I am supposed to get more from my remaining classes) and what times I will be busy before committing myself to a show. I also have homework so Nathan and Rubie might have to entertain themselves.

In Digital Tools we reviewed the homeroom site, the Apples, and photoshop. We took photos in photo booth and messed around with them, we will turn in our five best on Monday. Nothing to exciting, rather basic, but it is just starting out. Will get more intensive soon. Drawing I was figure drawing, gestures and contours. Really basic stuff I'm used to and sort of bored with. Arvie did knock it up a notch when we started sketching and then he told us to trade seats with the person next to us and draw on their work. We did a full rotation and then he said we had ten minutes to "fix-it", I don't think I "fixed-it" but I do like the outcome.

Had egg-salad sandwich for lunch. Mollie, Kat, Eva and I sat on the Jamison Square Park Fountain while enjoying our food. Kat and Eva got some food from a cart, it looked really hearty and filling. Sort of a mish-mash of beans and rice and cheese and lettuce and peanut sauce and some other unidentifiable things. I might try it out, but, you know, without all that weird stuff.

Tonight I am going to see Rinde Eckert's On the Great Migration of Excellent Birds in Pioneer Courthouse Square. Going with Lindsay, Brandon, and Sean.

No comments: