hi

hi

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

a grape only needs yellow

My imagination has recovered from tEEth. Now the only thing on my mind is the legs of one of the male dancers.

After the show I hung out with Mel, Mollie, Daria, Cidney, and the two girls from Silverdale (why do I have such trouble with both their names?). Sat about and chatted and ate pudding. Lindsay was up late working on her art project, she has so illustrate "the pompous socialites laughed at Judy's small head". She did a lettuce theme.

Today I slept in. And it was good. Rolled out of bed at 9:00, leisurely got prepared for the day. The bike racks were stuffed, but I managed to find one with enough space. Cool how many people commute by bike, James said his bike was stolen because he used a cable lock and not a Krypotonite one. So now I feel better about dropping some pretty polly on my U-lock. Some times it is a hassle to thread through but ultimately worth it if it saves my transportation. I don't like walking to school, takes far to long.

2D design was figuring out how to get three colors to look like four and four colors to look like three (one day I'll figure out the scanner at school and start posting art here). Cidney gave me $20 so we split the cards between us. I only cut a little bit off and I taped it on, not glue. I got my colors to work pretty early on so I left to run some important errands. Printed out my assignment for Digital Tools. The teacher had us draw over this photo, experimenting with line and the brushes. Never used Illustrator before but I think I'm getting the hang of it. Excited for tomorrow. Digital Tools and Time Arts are what I look forward to (Drawing I is good but a lot of the stuff I'm familiar with already, 2D design is sometimes fascinating but it doesn't feel like we have started yet, and Art History is still to soon to tell).

Time Arts got more into performance art and a discussion about "what is art?" I didn't say my art=effort idea, but there will be time for that later. Next class will be spent in practice and we will perform on Wednesday. We have to use a box, have a surprise appearance, use some words somehow, a 5 second silence, and a repeated motion. No plans to meet up before Monday to practice and brain storm, we are leaving it to our lonesome until then.

Saw Daniel Duford, who shaved his goatee. I waved and he smiled back, I think he remembered me.

Walked about with Sean and shot a roll of film for 2D Design. I don't remember all that I learned about exposures in my photography class from years ago, I hope enough turn out. Have to leave early to see if Rite Aid has film development.

Tomorrow I am going to Reed College for a lecture of sorts instead of Drawing class (it is through Drawing class, I'm not ditching) and seeing Andrew Dickson at 6:30. All this TBA stuff is cool, but it is really overwhelming my schedule when I am trying to get my bearings. All is working out, I'm no where near being late on anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

C U 2 maRo.

.0 - yo !
-|-
/ \