hi

hi

Saturday, September 15, 2007

eat all day


Today's plans revolved around going from place to place and eating.

Nathan gave me a call 10:30ish informing me they were by my dorm. I had planned to meet them at their hotel but oh well, day got an early start. Ate my breakfast and we decided to just walk down 10th, towards the Pearl District, and see what happened. We checked out a couple shops, but no buyables were present. Looked into Polygraph, as part of TBA but decided against asking the performer any questions. Had an early lunch at the Tea Zone (mmm panini) then we trekked up to 19th and Marshall and I got the photo supplies for my next class. We looked at the spinning thing at the Corberry Press and I got caught in it, and came quite possibly close to destroying a piece of art had I not unhooked myself.

I drew on the sidewalk for a chalk thing going on. A self portrait of myself as a flower. Then we went to the mall, and had some free sweets that were given out. Tired we went back to Goose Hollow and relaxed and ate some of the Graham Cake that Rubie had made last night. Quite tasty. After that we walked to the freezone and got on the max. Stopped by their hotel for a bit and flipped through the channels (so much nothing). Rubie tried to get a Zune tax free at Sears (with her Sears discount because she is an employee) but it didn't work out so well. Then we had dinner in the food court.

Even though I bought a ticket for the max, no one was around to check it.

On the way to Pro Photo Supply we passed a man walking in a square from crosswalk to crosswalk on 11th & Lovejoy. He had chalk attached to his shoes and made a square design as he made his way across the street. I remembered seeing the white crosswalk square on 11th & Johnson and put two and two together and figure out that he was Stan Shellabarger, and his walking in squares was part of TBA. I remember seeing a note in the TBA book; something that said "Try and find Stan Shellabarger" and I'm excited that we did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm relieved that you neither destroyed or were destroyed by public art, especially during the Time Based Art exhibit. :)