hi

hi

Monday, July 16, 2012

52 in bacon

My day off! I've been in Santa Cruz a full week now, and this was my first full day off. I like it here. It's going to take a while to get fully settled. Moving costs mucho dinero. Plus I want to be all fiscally responsible and stuff. There are things I want to buy, but nothing I need. Though some more work shirts might be nice.

I slept in, properly fully all the way till noon sleeping in. Hurrah! I had some oatmeal and some tea and internetted the day away. I got dinner at Denny's (may or may not have been influenced by the new episode of Breaking Bad) and read Shadow of Night while I enjoyed my pancakes, bacon, eggs, and hashbrowns. Yum nums. I watched telly. Petted Joey. Generally took it easy. I need to figure out how to make friends...local friends. HMmmn.

Tomorrow will be filled with cleaning. There are tons of squeegees and flood bars and a massive stack of screens to reclaim. Yay for audiobooks. But lots of screens means lots of work. It's cycles. Lots of cycles. Never think I am complaining about my work. I dig it. No day is quite like the other. It keeps my mind sharp, remembering all these steps. And it is probably good to be on my feet so much, as it seems one problem that is plaguing people is that they spend all day sitting down. Not good for the body to sit so much.

No comments: