hi

hi

Monday, June 11, 2012

one big what if

Ohhhh, whoops! I sat outside for a few hours, and now I'm pink! Not red, but not a gentle pink. My cheeks are pink, my legs are pink (not my feet, because I used sunblock on the tattoo), my arms are pink, my tummy is pink. Yeah. We put out the hammock, and I read, and then I kicked back and snacked and listened to an audiobook, and just absorbed the sunshine. Absorbed a bit too much, obviously, but it was a good way to spend an afternoon.

Tomorrow begins the three day window of hearing back about the screen printing job. Ohhh, nervous!

In the evening, I road my bike out for Phil's surprise birthday party. I wore my cutoffs for the bike ride, but had my fancy stripey pants for the party itself. It was ALL HILLS. Almost no part of the journey was flat or straight. It was up, then down, then up, then down, then UP UP UP, then down, and finally up. I walked up for about half the hills. It is hard to build up momentum when you have four way stops mucking everything up.

I arrived at around 6:15, sweaty and out of breath. Adam and Vanessa were there, and I clustered with them mostly. Met a Matt, two Roberts, Shelly, Dina, uhm...and a bunch of other people. Phil was very surprised. There was lots of food. Ribs, cupcakes, rice and veggies, and just so much to consume! There were many people, and when the numbers were large, I kept to the smaller cluster. It was hard to break into the bigger group. The range of connections to Phil were various. Not a straight forward social group.

Anyway. Phil liked the Bill Murray portrait I made for him. A lot of other people liked it too, so I hope it doesn't go missing. It won't. Phil's brother's Joe and Stephen/Steven came later on. The remaining cluster all played Apples to Apples for a good long while. I drank tea. Others drank Old Fashioneds as made by Phil. It was a good group, and the game was fun. I left at around 12:15. It was much easier to bike back. Much more downhill than up.

By the end of this week, I'll either continue to be unemployed, or I will be employed. That is INTENSE. What if this is it? What if I get this job? What if I stay at this job for a while? What if they take me on after the probationary period? What if I move to Santa Cruz? What if the next chunk of my life is totally awesome and filled with swimming and sun and taking it easy?

No comments: